Spring is finally showing signs of its arrival. This winter has been long, cold and dreary. I am so ready to work in the yard and enjoy the warmth of the sun.
Easter has changed through the years with the children growing up and moving away. This is the first year we haven't had our grandsons here for an Easter egg hunt in the back yard. Saturday night it was just Keith, Joseph and I. Since Creamed Eggs on Toast are a breakfast tradition, using up all those dyed eggs, Keith reminded me that we still needed to dye some eggs so that we could have our colorful breakfast. I boiled up a dozen and the three of us colored them. We cooked up some baby back ribs for our Saturday night bbq. They were premarinated and boy were they good!
Eric came home from Logan on Sunday after church . The Easter bunny still made an appearance but a little more conservative. This is Eric's, Keith's and Joseph's baskets. I just help myself to Jospeh's treats. I also made the egg nests from chinese noodles, white chocolate and egg shaped m&m's. The recipe is from Best Bites 2nd cookbook. I think I ate most of them.
Ashley, Tyler and Audrey came over for Sunday dinner. It was nice enough to spend some time outside, although there was a cool breeze, so we didn't last long.
Some more of my spring flowers. The daffidils are starting to bloom since these pitcures were taken.
Joseph just enjoying the day.
For our dinner we used pioneer women's recipe for our ham. It was really good. I also baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar/ cinnamon sprinkled on top, Roasted asparagus and of course homemade rolls. For dessert I madeStrawberry Neopoleans. One of our favorite spring recipes. It was a nice pleasant day.
No comments:
Post a Comment