Friday, June 13, 2014

Spring has sprung

Early in the morning April 6th, my Father passed away.  I plan on doing a post about it but I need to get pictures from family and a friend who took pictures at the funeral before doing so. April was a beautiful month for me.  Although I am sad at my Father's passing and miss him, I have felt great joy and gratitude, as the Holy Ghost has been my constant companion bringing peace and comfort. I know that dad has only passed through the veil and our separation is only temporary. General Conference was that same weekend which we were able to spend with dad in his final hours here in mortality. Saturday was a wonderful day as dad seemed to know who we were and he constantly held someone's hand. He talked nonstop. Not all of it made sense but messages were understood.  Needless to say there wasn't much listening to conference taking place.  The first talk Sunday Morning was President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the First Presidency.  The mortuary had just left and I think we were all a little numb.  As President Uchtdorf was talking these words stood out to me, I wondered if he realized how relevant his words were on this beautiful spring morning. and the peace and comfort they were bringing to a family in mourning.
 

"There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings. Why is this?  Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessing without number. Endings are not our destiny.  The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions-temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful. How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."

 
As I have since read his talk in the Ensign magazine, I learned that the theme of his talk was on gratitude. It is a very beautiful and touching message. We had our whole family here for the funeral and Angela was able to stay a little longer and spend Easter with us.  Here are a few photos that Joseph took.
Jacob who was learning to walk.  He is such a busy boy.
The chickens enjoying being out.
Christine and Audrey playing in the dirt, which is Audrey's favorite thing to do. Christine has her Cinderella baby doll, who always accompanies her where ever she is playing.
The chickens checking to see if they dug up any yummy bugs for them to eat.  Anytime we dig in the yard we have to be careful, because you don't know when a chicken is going to show up between your feet. 
The primary did an Easter egg hunt for the little kids at the bowery. Joseph and Tyler took Audrey and Christine to it.
Christine with her basket waiting her turn.
They let the little kids go first.
Audrey wasn't too sure about picking up the colored eggs.  But she soon figured it out.  It was fun to have the grandkids with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment