The second day we decided to go to Zion's National Park. This is my most favorite National Park but then I am a little prejudice. Dad was a Ranger here for several summers before he began working on his masters degree. We also visited it many times through the years as a family. Dad loved Zion's and had many wonderful experiences while working as a ranger. He shared his love for this beautiful canyon with his family.
We came in from the East gate and our first sighting were these long horn sheep.
This canyon is absolutely amazing.
36 years ago, Joseph and I hiked to Angels landing a few weeks before he left on his mission to Portugal. Joseph wanted to make the hike on this trip, so along I went. We're not as young as we once were.
Beautiful formations!
Spectacular scenery! and many switch backs to climb.
Then...this almost vertical climb right up that ridge line!?!?!
I didn't remember it being that long and narrow.
Going up I just focused on the trail and held on dearly to those chains.
There were many people on the trail, so we would have to stop and let groups go by. I couldn't believe so many were hiking this, after all it is October.
Incredible views when we made it to the top.
We actually made it!
It was a hard climb to the top, but I was so busy focusing on the trail I didn't look at how skinny the trail was.
Going down that's all you can see, is both sides of the trail straight down.
We noticed under this part of the trail that it is kind of missing something.
This is the home our family lived in when I was little during the summer months when dad worked as a ranger. This is in the Grotto area.
View from Weeping rock.
We were sore and tired but what an amazing day we had together.
We have been married 33 years and so much has happened in that time. I wouldn't choose anyone else to share this mortal existence with.
No comments:
Post a Comment