So, last spring when Eric asked me if I wanted to join him
for the Gran Fondo 100 mile bike ride I knew that I would never survive unless
I came up with a training plan. I was told that if I could ride 80 miles before
the race, I would be able to complete the 100 mile course. So with 80 miles as my goal, I took the race
date of July the 13th and counted backwards subtracting 5 miles per week from
80 until I got to 20 miles, which was my first ride. Well yesterday I hit my
target of 80 miles. If you are wondering how far 80 miles (40 miles on a round
trip) will take you from Layton, it is Corrine UT. Because of the recent heat
wave resulting in 100°f temperatures, I had to start at 5:30am so I would
finish before noon. By 7:30am it was already 85°f and by the time I got home at
11:30 it was over 100°f. It was an uneventful ride other than getting another
flat tire. Two more weeks to go!
This was the welcome to Corrine sign but you can read it



No comments:
Post a Comment