I told Debra that it seems like the only two things I do is work and biking and
since blogging about work would be pretty boring, I thought I would continue to give you
the latest updates on biking.
This whole thing started with a simple 20 mile bike ride last spring and each Saturday since, I go 5 more miles. It seems easy enough - just add 5 miles each week until I hit 80 or 85 miles and then I will be ready for the big 100 mile ride.
Yesterday was my 75 mile trip. I decided to
go south this time and if anyone was wondering how far south you go if you are
going 37.5 miles, you end up in Taylorsville or about 4700 South in SLC. It was
a pleasant and uneventful ride until the last 10 miles or so on the return loop when I reached Jessica
and Bill's old apartment on Flint Street. At that point I noticed that the rest of the
trip was all uphill. Now most of the time going uphill isn't so bad but after going
65 miles, it can be heartbreaking. But all is well and I changed to the lowest
gear possible and made it slowly home. I always think how funny it is that at
the end of each ride, I always say to myself, I don’t know if I am going to be
able to make the next ride that is 5 miles longer but somehow I always do.
Made it to Taylorsville

No comments:
Post a Comment